الاثنين، 29 فبراير 2016

Free Stock Photos That Don’t Look Like Stock Photos

Recently I have grown bored with most of the paid stock photography sites.  After I completed one of my recent posts, I sat back in my chair and just did not like the pictures I had in the post.  I had a couple of choices for the future at this point; keep putting up with stock photos that I hated or actually find some good free stock photos that don’t look like stock photos for my websites!
So to do this, I had to do a little research and from that research, I put together a list of places that I’ve been getting some cool pictures from.  I am going to share that with you, right now.
Here are the names of the sites which offer free stock photos that look amazing. Click on any of the names to visit the site.
All the images provided by this website have been licensed by the creative commons (CCO) license. This means that you can utilize in virtually any way you wish, without having to incur any costs.  I really love this site and enjoy the photography.
Unsplash is highly noted for offering high-resolution images that can be excellent for any project you might have in mind. Unlike most other alternatives, this royalty-free stock photos database is regularly updated, with 10 fresh images after every ten days.  This is currently my favorite stock photo site of the group.
This website is solely dedicated to offering high-quality images that are food oriented. Foodiefeed provides an extensive database that runs in the hundreds of thousands in number.  This is a great site if you run any type of food-oriented website.
Gratisography is another one of the very best stock photography website currently in existence. These images are categorized in several collective groupings, which consists of nature, animals, urban, objects and even whimsical.
This website’s uniqueness is the fact that it solely focuses on offering vintage images. All of which have been licensed under CCO.  These are not my favorite and in many cases are not functional on most sites.  However, this site may work perfectly for you.
Stock up is a highly acclaimed stock photo vendor. Essentially, this site provides a search tool, which users can utilize to access tens of thousands of quality images from dozens of online sources.  I like many of the pictures here but some of them fall into the classic “look like a stock photo” mold.  However, there are enough good looking photos here to add the site to my list.
This website provides numerous stock images, that have of course been licensed under the CCO act. Which means you can edit, modify or even use them with commercial motives, without having to spend a dime.
Pexels boasts a large collection of royalty-free images. These photos are categorized in different categories such as business, technology, people., vehicle, vintage, black & white to mention but a few.
This website has been specifically put in place to offer exceptional travel images, which naturally are licensed by CCO.
Mazwai is a unique website where talented creatives showcase their own stock photography to users from all over the world.
This site was shared with me by my friend Kevin Riley.  So far it’s a great looking resource.  All of the pictures at this site are CCO as well.  This allows you to use the pictures for any purpose.
The photo that you saw at the top of the page is a stock photo from Unsplash and here is another.
Looks like some awesome stock photography eh?  It just doesn’t have that stock photography feel to it.
Let me know what you think.  Do you like these sites?  Are you using a different site that you love?  Share it and I might add it to the list above.  Enjoy making your site look much better with this stock photography that actually looks amazing


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق